September 10, 2021
Throughout history, women have been working hard to ensure that the female voice is heard. Whether that means working in politics, becoming an activist for social change, or breaking barriers in athletics, women have gone the extra mile to gain equality and advocate for a better world. Regardless of age, race, or nationality. By working with purpose and confidence, women demonstrate that having strength and tenacity doesn’t mean sacrificing your vulnerability. And all of these quoted women show that failure shouldn’t be an obstacle in meeting your goals. So, in honor of all the incredible women who have blazed a trail forward—both in the past and present—here are some inspirational quotes. The words of these wise women prove that through action, anything is possible.
- Girls are capable of doing everything men are capable of doing. Sometimes they have more imagination than men. – Katherine Johnson, mathematician and one of the first African-American women to work as a NASA scientist
- I raise up my voice—not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back. – Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate
- Tremendous amounts of talent are being lost to our society just because that talent wears a skirt.” – Shirley Chisholm, first African-American woman elected to U.S. Congress
- Have no fear of perfection; you’ll never reach it. – Marie Curie, chemist who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize.
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. – Indira Gandhi, first female Prime Minister of India
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt, former U.S. First Lady and U.S. Delegate to the United Nations General Assembly
- Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right. – Jane Goodall, world’s foremost expert on chimpanzees and environmental activist
- We are here, not because we are law-breakers; we are here in our efforts to become law-makers. –Emmeline Pankhurst, leader of the UK suffragette movement
- Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. – Frida Kahlo, was a Mexican painter known for her many portraits
The Time is Now.